Monday, June 27, 2011

First Full Day in Malawi

It is mid-afternoon on my first full day in Malawi.  The day started at 6:15 with a cold, actually frigid, shower. There was no power for breakfast which made things kind of slow, but still enjoyable.  We then went to Ministry of Hope, where I am now, and we had a meeting with the staff to discuss our plans while we are here.

I also met with the supervisor of the Matapila feeding center named Joseph.  He is very excited about what I am doing and even said that the girls (22 of them) have already done some practices and made teams. This is very exciting news and I can't wait to get started.

Our van drivers name is Felix and he is so nice, but he speaks no English. Communicating is like playing charades!

For the remainder of the afternoon the men are going supply shopping for the projects we are starting and the women are going to the Crisis Nursery.

More updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment